But it doesn't stop there. Because Thanksgiving is just the beginning. Then there's all of the holiday treats that always immediately follow Thanksgiving. Cookies, fudge, chocolate covered everything, breads, pies, and lordknowswhatelse. And this of course is all building up to another huge dinner where you eat an entire dish of green bean casserole.
So before all of this caloric craziness, I'm sharing a salad with you. I made this salad to go with some steak and potatoes, but it could just as easily be a main dish salad, especially if you throw a little leftover Thanksgiving turkey on it!
All of the ingredients listed are very rough estimates in terms of how much I used. I make salads like I make pizza. I just pile ingredients on until it looks right. The vinaigrette ingredients are exact though.
- 6 cups lettuce, any kind you like (I used a combination of Romaine and Iceberg because it's what I had on hand)
- 1/2 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 medium Bosc pear, chopped
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt To Taste (I used about 1/2 teaspoon)
I did not use all of this vinaigrette on the salad I made. Feel free to use as much or as little as you want!